Monday, September 10, 2007

Soggy Days

Ok, festival highlights. J with his rubber band gun. Yes, he stayed out of the water and mud of his own volition.






Daughter of a teacher friend did not do so well. I guess this could have been the moment at which interested grown females could have taken the plunge for money, huh?












E with friend Nicole.








J's harem. They are adorable.



Boys from J's class did try out the wallow. Later they looked like they had 5o'clock shadows when they rubbed mud on their face. Disgusting!




Two girls E babysits.






Ah, the band. The tiny, tiny band -that had a big sound in the gazebo. They need to travel around with a gazebo surrounding them. It improved their sound and made them feel better. Unfortunately it won't help when they begin field marching. There is only so much a 35 member band can do on a huge football field.
















In the parade. It was drizzling just before and after the parade.






This actually was line up.











Line up.








The apple pie I spent two and a half hours on. It was scrumptious after I got it back . Long story. I baked it in my grandmother's pie pan thinking the winning pies in each category were the only ones auctioned off. Come to find out they are the only ones auctioned off live. The rest are put in a silent auction. Mine cost me $15 bucks to get back and I had to fight an crazy lady for it. She wouldn't listen to my story.
But as I worked in the chicken shack (bbq chicken and beef food booth) later, I shared and had many people loving it.
Many people on the back lines told me my pie was as good as the 3rd place pie but hers had more leaf cut-outs and design to it. So I will try a bit harder next year.




For as wet as it was I was surprised at the attendance. Judging from these photos, it looks like there was no one but us there. It could have been far worse.
















8 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! I love small town parades and festivals. Your pie makes my mouth water.

7:10 PM  
Blogger MarkEC said...

I was going to say the same thing! :-) Do you ship apple pies to other locations?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

So that's my pie! Looks yummy, can't wait to taste it.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I would like some of that pie, please. I went looking for it at Anne's house but she swore up and down she didn't have any.

(I'm sure she was holding out on me).

5:49 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Two hours on a pie and you want to try harder? I'm impressed! I would have been the crazy lady bidding on it though.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mom, I think everyone with a few exceptions had a good time.
Wish I could make all of you pies!
I think Sam's ships pies but I don't, unfortunately. You'll all have to wander down this way or I'll bring my apples and recipe when I come up for my visit.
Lorraine, I wouldn't put it pass Anne to hold out on you.
AM, I was being very careful with the recipes for the crust and filling so it took me forever.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Hope you are all rested up by now.. that looks like a muddy mess:) but I bet it was great fun!

your pie does look delish. I haven't made a pie in ages.

Glad you connected with my post today.. I was surprised someone knew wtf? I was talking about! LOL

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh... maybe someday I will have enough of those apples to make a pie. I'm guessing mine won't look this good, though. :)

By the way, I giggled about you almost inadvertently giving away your grandmother's pie plate via auction. That totally sounds like something I would do--only I would realize what had happened too late to make the bids.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home