Friday, September 14, 2007

Mish Mash

I'm on my last swig of coffee for the day. I have a ton of things to accomplish before I finally make it out of town to go to my Mom's tonight. Don't you hate it when there isn't enough hours in the day?
I just sat adding dates to my pocket planner. Every weekend in October is taken with E's field marching alone. As a music booster, I will go along on most of these trips to provide support and also feed the kids with a tailgate-type picnic. There is a tea party at my mom's when her sibs come down from Michigan which is a requirement. Guess E will miss that one. She said Mother needs to stop having so many! I think E is done with tea parties. Too bad! It's not about her anyway. My gosh, I don't know how I'm going to get to everything. Common lament, I know.
I really hope to put in some fall crops in my garden. It has to be cleared out first. Everything except the peppers and basil is done. I can't seem to get out to pick the basil and make pesto for the freezer. And I was going to pickle the pepperocinis and maybe make some bread and butter jalapenos. I. Can't. Get. To. It. AAARRRrrgggggg!
I just heard my son's alarm go off. I have to get going. Time to start the rat race!
Everyone have a spectacular weekend.
Cheers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Breathe. Take a big, deep breath. Repeat whenever life overwhelms.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm going crazy because I need to harvest my grapes but I can't turn them into anything until at least Monday so there they hang....

I konw that filling out the calendar feeling...my mom calls these "the wheel years"...all that driving kids around. Sometimes I think, "Just 5 more years"...and then I think that I will probably miss them, at least a little, when they are over.

Still wish I had time to harvest my grapes and turn them into jelly, though. I bought pectin yesterday...it was an act of hope.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

greetings...so no jalapeno jelly for yours truly?

Greetings from Munich...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right, Mom, right! Good advice.

Lorraine, I would love to be your shoes with grapes waiting on me. Good luck with the jelly.
And yes, we all know we will miss these years of chaos when we sit in the rocking chair wondering when Meals on Wheels is gonna get here.

Oh, Otis, my main man! Yes, I will gladly send you a supply of jalepeno jelly. Let me know where. Maybe not Munich, tho...Hope you are well..

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Mmmm, jalepeno jelly....

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home