Friday, September 07, 2007

Get Your Apple On!

Wow, what a busy week this has been even with just 4 and a half days! Things are running rather smoothly so that must mean we are in for something bad. (That's my family's philosphy and I'm sticking to it. Too many years of testing and proving to let it go).



We are in the midst of a huge town festival which started yesterday and will conclude on Saturday night about 12 midnight. I have volunteered in several booths and eating establishments for various organizations. It's quite a spirited good time, maybe nothing like OctoberFest in Herrman. Too bad as that would loosen up the ultra-religious folks and provide a good time, I think. Oh, well. They get their spirit from a different source.

The waves of rain are welcome but ill-timed. We shall be sloshing around in mud and it will strike a blow to participation and attendance. Too bad I didn't keep my duck shoes from 1987.

Maybe I should spearhead a new booth---mud wrestling. Think that would go over?
Charge to watch and to participate.

Everyone have a fab weekend. I might post some highlight shots of the festival if you're lucky.

PS to Wolfgang. I just found your tag from August 2. Sorry I didn't see it before now. Shall I still participate?

4 Comments:

Blogger MarkEC said...

Have you ever been to Hardy, Arkansas? My parent's used to have a house in Cherokee Village. They had some fun events around there. I would think mud wrestling might be a moneymaker, especially if some alcohol was being consumed. Do they still have "dry" counties?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

We were going to have mud wrestling out here, but no one could find enough water.

Ummmm....mud wrestling....

4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Markec. I am rather familiar with Hardy. My family used to play in Norfolk Lake in the summers of my youth. On our 3-hour drive down we would stop at a small diner in Hardy that made kick-ass blackberry pie.
Since then, I have been through there on occassion.
I meant to say that with the alcohol consumed during the festival, I'm sure wrestling would be a draw. Things never get rowdy. People mind their manners.
Dry counties in Mo., no. Ark., yes. Crazy, huh?

Iamnot, you'd have to have a sprinkler system set up for continuous watering to make mud out there.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

ohhh I like the mud wrestling idea! you can get some fancy seaweed and bill it as a spa treatment as well as get money from spectators! lol

We actually used to play mud football in college. It was a riot... like 100 people out there slipping and sliding! I have a gf who met her current husband doing it! =]

Hope you had a good weekend!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home