Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog













Yes, many days have passed since my last post. I've been in the Windy City with my kids for a tour. Yes, we looked like tourists all the way. Many pairs of brilliant new white tennis shoes and backpack purses were seen in the group. Not us, of course. We never are obvious (smirk and eyes roll).
And you know how it is trying to get to a point of leaving on vacation. You have tons of preparation and work to be gone for a few days and then when you get back there are tons of things to catch up on. And many pounds to be lost. Ugh.
Anyway, the trip was tremendous. Much was learned and and seen.

The Sears Tower, an architectural boat tour up the Chicago River (my personal fav), a night at the Navy Pier, the Field Museum (could have stayed there all week), the Shedd Aquarium, Millennium Park(see the silver jelly bean sculpture?), the Water Tower, shopping and eating on the Magnificent Mile, a Cub's game, a Medieval Times dinner and show, Hard Rock Cafe- you know, the usual touristy stuff.

I'm lurking at every body's blog. Give me time to think of something witty or helpful to say and I'll comment.

Later.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love Chicago! I've seen that big bean sculpture! I lived in the Marina Towers! (Just for a week but it felt like home).

Oh, what a great town. How fun for you.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Hey, I've been to that museum.
Glad to see you back.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Welcome Home! The trip sounds like a wonderful vacation.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Welcome home! Looks like a great trip.

A couple of years ago my husband's family had a reunion there and while most of them were at a Sox game I rode the trolley with my son; we did two or three "laps" around before he wanted to get off at the Navy Pier.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Glad you had a good trip and that you are home safe and sound!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Poor us. Lucky you, Lorraine! Marina Towers!
I wasn't ready to come either.
Hi, Iamnot and Mom!
Anne, I want' to ride the trolly but I was corraling youth for someone that WAS riding the trolley..(pouty face). How did you all enjoy the Navy Pier?
Thanks Sandi!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wasn't ready to come HOME either is what I was saying there to Lorraine.

10:30 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Glad you & the kids got to get away. Vacations can be exhausting though. You want to maximize your fun, which is exhausting too. A great problem to have!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home