Monday, July 23, 2007

J's room is finished as far as the walls go. We still have his furniture to paint which I saved until he came back from a week with Dad.

This is a shot of the picture my mom painted in watercolor for him for Christmas last year. It's gonna look awesome on either the red or the taupe wall. I left it down so he could tell me where it should go.


This is a bit better shot but still the colors aren't as good as in person. I am very pleased with the room as is J.
Today we get started on the priming and painting of the headboard, desk and bookcase. What makes it so much easier is the thin paint roller.





My newest accidental acquisition. A friend had these bob-tail kittens (actually only one is bob-tail) which my family is ga-ga for. I mentioned she had some to my brother and his wife who were passing through. He told me to get them so I picked them up for him. When he stopped by, the old wifey said she didn't want them after all- they were too wild. (Grrrr) I can't take them back to the friend ( I guess I could but feel it would be rude) so here they are. I am going to haul them over to my mom's house anyway even though she said she didn't want them. They would be great barn and farm cats. My brother will probably take the bob-tail home, too.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Your mom is talented! I love the red background for the art, it will pop on that wall.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jetpass! Thanks for stopping in. Yup, we were pleased with both walls and what J plans to put back on the walls. He has some swords we need to get a rack for. Yes, ancient weapons!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

WOW love the color of the room. You guys did well! I love the picture and that it is meaningful to your son! He must be a sweet kid!

Gosh I am looking around and all the walls in this house are tan. lol ALL of them but the 2 rooms we had to paint when we moved in. someday...

3:25 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I love the red wall. How many coats did it take?

Your mom & my mom would love to talk about watercolors. What a cool painting!

Cats. So cute. Such potential messes.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Darren G. Miller said...

That is an amazing watercolor! I want one!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Kte. Good to se you.
Jack had a facination of dragons last year big time. My mom picked a picture out of a dragon book I bought him and painted it in her class. He was thrilled. I know thrilled and he was thrilled.
I used to be afraid of picking colors for my walls but I figured I have no one but myself to please so go for it.
You would be surprised at what color on the walls does to your disposition. And above all, I would think you would choose very strong colors! Well, maybe with the exception of Lorraine. You both are very strong color women and I mean that only in every good way! Hope I don't sound mean- not being mean.
AM! Hello! It only took 2 coats. Although in the pic it looks like there is a need for another cut-in coat in the corners. I think the light was reflecting badly 'cause when I look at it, it doesn't need another. Or maybe I really need to get that appointment with the optometristafter all.
Kittens. Oh, let's talk about "messes".

Hi, Wolfgang! I suppose my mother wouldn't be opposed to painting another. She enjoyed herself turning that one out. I'll let her know she has a following, k?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Oooh! Cute kitties. And J's room does look awesome. Big fan of the red over here. There were those, who shall remain nameless, who thought I was nuts to paint my kitchen red. I. Love. It.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home