Tuesday, July 24, 2007

“From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life.” - Anais Nin



I decided to peruse Wolfgang'shttp://gazing-into-the-abyss.blogspot.com/ quote since it hit me over the head when I went to his blog. I believe Butterflyhttp://ramblingsofawindblownbutterfly.blogspot.com/ had said something similar a while back.



I want to choose happiness and let the negativity go. It uses so much energy. And I am too old to waste energy on anything!



And I don't want to destroy anyone or anything.



10 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

One of my favorite old hymns says this,
"Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings see what God hath done,..."
It always helps me to stop and name the many things that are good and wonderful in my life.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are always telling me the wise stuff, MOM!
Now I'm going to be singing that song all day long.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Isn't Mom great!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

one of my favortie quotes is, "keep your friends close and your enemies even closer."

I live by this.

Wait this isn't what you were looking for huh?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I've said many times that one of the definitive realizations of my life is that I can't change anyone else. I can only change how I react to them.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Darren G. Miller said...

iamnot has this one right. All we can change is ourselves. Sometimes the changes have to be somewhat radical.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Anne, Mom is super great!

Jetpass, you don't have many enemies, now do you? And any good advice is worth throwing my way. Thanks for it. However, the logistics of living that way would give me trouble, I think.

Iamnot, I am a slow learner. It has taken me till my 40's to understand I have major work to understand myself and none of this would have made sense to me before now anyway. Better late than never.

Hi, Wolfgang. Thanks for letting me plagiarize. You post good stuff.

8:45 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

The hard part is that you have to keep choosing it, every day. Slip in your vigilance and it becomes easy to become negative.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's easy to fall victim to negativity. It takes practice to keep a positive outlook. But it's worth it! :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I so agree with you... I have been trying to weed out the negative recently.. it is hard to do.. but with each weed pulled and thrown out, it gets so much easier and feels so much better...

(hugs)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home