Monday, July 23, 2007





Can you see that little guy on the leaf? He is a spice bush swallowtail caterpillar. Yeah, baby, that's the kind of stuff I just learned last week among a ton of other things!


These photo are in our outdoor classroom at school. During my watering interlude yesterday I spied him rolled up in the leaf of a very small native spice bush. I can't wait to show this sort of stuff to my kids at school.


I know I'm a geek and a dork but I wholeheartedly accept that title.


4 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

What does it turn into?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It will be a spicebush swallow tail butterfly. I can't think of anything cooler I have seen in recent months with the exception of the adult store I stumbled into...
Oh, yeah...by accident.

9:39 PM  
Blogger TAG said...

If you go to my blog later this week, I'll post some photos of Spicebush Swallowtails.

Tonight I posted several pics of butterflies on cone flowers; but, none of the Spicebush BF.

Will get to them later in the week.

TAG

9:48 PM  
Blogger TAG said...

Here is the post I promised on the Spicebush Swallowtail.

They are quite beautiful.

Hope you enjoy.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home