Monday, June 04, 2007

I just spent this past weekend completely alone. It felt good and I almost didn't worry about anything or one. I worked, played, vegged with equal parts reading and watching movies ("Babel" and Flight Plan").

I realize I am heading toward a period of self-imposed solitary confinement. It feels right, though. Being with someone (other than my kids) visiting, hanging out or whatever, feels like so much work. Too much. I don't have much to say. Then everyone is asking constantly what is wrong to which I reply that nothing is wrong, to which they start thinking "sure, blabbermouth has nothing to say-something's wrong" and then I'm all uncomfortable 'cause I know what they are thinking and that's when it's too much work.

Should this set off warming bells? Or do I go with it? I might not worry much about it if I knew how long this might last or how difficult it will be to re-introduce myself to the world again.

The ice cream cake is in the freezer ready for the setting together of the two parts. Breyers Mint choclate chip ice cream layered with Oreo crumbs and gooey chocolate fudge sauce in two cake pans. I need to set them together and frost with equal parts of ice cream and Cool Whip. Then I can decorate it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

You have been riding an emotional roller coaster. You need to rest. Rest until you have energy again. I think making a wonderful ice cream cake is just the perfect amount of activity.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Self-imposed solitary confinement sounds like a good thing. Especially if you lock out the ravening hoards before they get a load of that ice cream cake.

12:06 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You're a teacher right? I'm sure you have people overload. Not only should you step away, you must.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I'd kill for a little alone time...and I'd have to.
Enjoy it.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The ice cream cake is delicious albeit crooked since I chose to make it without a springform pan which it called for. And I neglected to lock out the ravening hordes (J and Slim) before I unleashed it!
Being alone sure feels right but I didn't want to allow myself to slide down too far. I just din't know if I could help it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow..that sounds familiar. I spend memorial weekend completely alone and LOVED it..... I feel much like you do some days. DOnt wanna see anyone (besides kids) or talk to anyone. I hate people asking me whats wrong.

Hang in there :)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home