Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Quote of the day: "I am extremely skeptical of the presence of fruit in Newton's life".

I guess a person would have to have seen the PBS show about Newton to find this funny and even then, I understand humor is subjective. When the professor at Cambridge stated this, I thought I would fall off the couch laughing. I imagined a tee shirt with this quote printed on it.

Cool thing about Newton. He always believed that science and religion had to co-exist since one was tied completely to the other( in his mind, anyway). Also, he did not believe in the Holy Trinity, that Jesus and the Holy Spirit were not on the same footing as God. He kept silent about it however and only wrote about his beliefs, thereby preserving his standing in the scientific world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Great quote! Religion and science are both seeking the same thing - truth.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I want that tshirt!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Maybe there were figs.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home