Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Necessary and Sentimental



My Chuck Taylor's from 1978, still reside in my mom and dad's house in the shoe bag funny enough right with the pruners. I have kept them there since I moved away in '83. They have come in handy for the many times I find myself digging or transplanting at their house. I used them this past weekend to dig some lilac saplings and canna roots up.
You can see the original gold color from the back nylon strip. I don't believe that color is even offered anymore. And they don't have arch supports anymore either. (I gotta have arch supports and always have so it's not just from getting old) They don't make them like they used to. I have purchased 2 pair in one year for my daughter.

I didn't look at my camera settings when I shot some pics after E's play performance last night so all the dang pics are crap. I also filmed it and I believe I can take a still from that. I hope the film came out. It was so cute and the experience E had as well as the rest of the kids will always be a highlight of the year. I was glad she had the chance to do it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

My daughter loves those shoes and I haven't seen gold ones, hehehe.

I wish I had some lilac saplings!! They are my fave flower.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

The previous owners of this house planted a lilac bush next to the deck steps. No problem with that idea except it grows towards the light, which, in this case, is across the walkway. The husband wants to take it out, so I prune it, but I think it smells to pretty to prune it back too far.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pic. It brought a smile to my face. I love old worn out things that stand the test of time.

Sorry I haven't been around much.z

11:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sandi, I would buy a pair of gold ones if I ever see them. It's probably the one thing from my high school years that was good.

Our lilacs here were frozen before they bloomed so we didn't even get to enjoy them. Hope yours do better.

Anne, dig it up and move it or part of it! I can't hardly satnd to lose anything from a yard like that.
This morning I spent time with one of the books you sent me. Penelope's. I am trying to study up on design so I can get a handle on it. I would like very much to take a landscape design class but haven't begun the process of figuring out if I can and when I would do it.
Lisa p, glad you stoppped by. How you feeling?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

OK, oh Madam Master Gardener, how do I dig up an eight foot lilac bush without killing it? Or, how do I just dig up part of it, split the root ball? I'm so afraid. Won't the root system be too big for a bush that tall? Help!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My daughter loves those too....I have never owned a pair myself though....sad to say.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home