Monday, April 30, 2007

Creating A Drama Monster


Pics from the play my daughter was in came out very cruddy. I hate it when I neglect to check my settings. Obviously I am not photo-minded.

This shot has E as Snow White plus some of the other cast members in their Seventies finery. One of the moms of a cast member said she paid $43 for a black leisure suit at a vintage store. She couldn't rent it, she had to buy it. She could however, take it back after the performance and receive $23 back. I think I am in the wrong profession. Note to self: start vintage clothing business.

My daughter went to the Salvation Army store and spent about 30 minutes and $4 for her outfit. We have been using that method for all dress -up occasions like Halloween and all the programs she and J have had for school. The Community 25 cent store is another cheap route for us. Half the fun of dressing up is about the search. That killer Joan Crawford dress I had from Halloween was a 25 cent store purchase- for 25 cents!

Group shot #2.
The kids had a tremendous blast putting on the show. My daughter is hooked, I am afraid and I am going to have a talk with her drama teacher and tell her to stay AWAY from my daughter. E doesn't need any encouragement to be any more dramatic than she already is.



Have a happy Monday if possible.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Here's a cyber bouquet for the diva and kudos to the stage mom! The other day The Child and I were talking of weighty things (hair, fashion) and she said, "I know why I was put on this earth. To act".

Let's form a support group.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

I'll give you a discount on my event photography fee. Of course, with airfare and hotel, it'll still be a big steep.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lorraine, nice of you to send good wishes.
Your daughter is my daughter's kinda gal!
We need that support group like yesterday!

Iamnot, you surely would be worth every penny spent. I'll pencil you in the next time I have photo needs.
Did you see the high tech lighting system they used for foot lights?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

I love children's theater. It lets kids be stars and gives huge boosts to their egos. I've seen 2 of my granddaughters become drama queens. They love it! I love your wardrobe technique. Thrift stores are wonderful treasures.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree Mom. Nothing better than seeing a performance by your child. It was a blast to see the other kids perform too, though.
Thanks for stopping by.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home