Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring break is a'comin! We're out early tomorrow which is a relief. What a week! Subs , curriculum, mix-ups, field trips, evaluations, grant-proposals due. Naw, none of that was MY stuff! Kidding, some was and everyone running around trying to get everything covered so everyone was stressed. Anyway, a week to not have to hurry anywhere is what I am looking forward to. I think I will take an idea of Lorraine's and use it. I want my kids to cook supper one night a week. We can see how it flies next week without homework or meetings to get to. Then if it goes well, maybe implement it every week.

I took a very sick cat to the vet this morning. He is just an outdoor cat I named "poopin and eating machine" because that's all he every does. He has no personality so he is not really a pet. Anyway, I get home from school yesterday and notice he is very lethargic, and his back legs aren't working so he is flopping down every time he tries to move. I can't get any water down him so I make him comfortable in the garage. It's way late to get him to the vets so that had to wait til today. He was worse this morning which I figured would happen. I told the vet to put him down if it was something major which it most likely will be. Even though I don't like him, it makes me so sad to see him in distress. He was just a stupid old neighborhood cat I didn't do anything for but feed. I see I am writing in "passed" tense. Hmmm.

Funny thing was when I had a haircut on Tuesday, I bought my hairdresser/friend's gas grill since she is downsizing to get married. I paid her and picked it up last night. She told me it was a shame she wasn't going to get to use that 60 bucks from the grill sale since her ancient deaf and blind canine needed 2 teeth pulled and some shots. I told her I was sorry I had bought it because my cat was heading to the same vet and I will probably need that 60 bucks back to pay him.

Heading to the ole farmstead this weekend to see ma and pa. It's been a month since we were there. I'll be incommunicado. Big whoop I know.

Cheers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home