Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You know the taxes I did myself ? Generally my ex does them for me on software, shows me the worksheets done both ways with me claiming one and then two of the kids. He then borrows one kid to claim, prepares the taxes and he pays me the difference of what I would get with both kids. Guess I forgot that little tidbit ( NO, REALLY I DID).
He was upset and now I am feeling like a heel. He didn't actually say anything. I just know.
He sent me an email wondering why I had changed things up and if there was something going on he didn't know about. I guess he might be thinking I was financially in trouble or there was something wrong between us, Idk.
I sent an email this morning- rather terse, I suspect. Usually I try to keep things nice but after stewing about it all night long, I made up my mind to be very honest.
I told him I had made assumptions about his better financial situation after moving in with Jenn, I had forgotten a very important fact ( him paying me the diff) and I was upset with him about the kids and didn't want to talk to him. That pretty much sums up what I said and in almost that few words.
I always worry about making people mad especially someone I still consider in my life with the kids. And this is so passive aggressive, like I usually function. Not very mature.
Oh, well. It is what it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Oops. Please don't beat yourself up too much. We all goof.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you more often.
Have a good day!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Ahhh taxes... yet one more thing to complicate our otherwise functionally-dysfunctional ex-relationships. ;-) Gotta agree with lorraine, don't beat yourself up over it. I am going through tax-hell at the moment too. Our divorce agreement states that each of us claims one of our two children every year. Seems fair to me. I got remarried almost two weeks ago and already my ex-husband is trying to say that I should not be allowed to claim either of our children on my taxes (joint filing with my new husband) for 2007 (and future years) because he does not think it's "right" that "another man should be making money off of" HIS kids. Nevermind that that this other man is putting a roof over HIS children's heads, providing their food, clothes, and every other need financially and emotionally that their father does not have the time or desire to provide for them himself. My ex actually went to his accountant to ask him if I could legally continue to claim one of the children now that I was married to another man... I am told that the accountant practically laughed him out of the office. Some people are too selfish and stupid to have children....

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home