Saturday, February 03, 2007

I sent Wildman off to Vegas without me last night. He was heading to the NADA convention to schmooze and learn a few things about motivation from people like Sugar Ray Leonard? He called while he was waiting in the taxi line at the Vegas airport. That's when I started to think how I wish I had gone. He walked into his hotel and started on the slots and won $300 with a couple of different pulls. Down to $13 before he went to bed. I promised I would go and buy our lottery tickets this morning since I was feeling a bit of the Vegas Bug.
E had some friends over last night after the ballgame and since they stayed till 12 I slept in till (gasp) 7 a.m. A while on the computer and then a while with a few screwdrivers and PBS gardening shows landed me back to the computer. I'm procrastinatin'.
I have some material I bought to make some quick clip-up curtains for my French back doors. I really need to get those hemmed and up. Probably will take me all afternoon. Sewing is not my thing, even if it is straight edges.
I stocked up on card stock for our valentine making. Our special people get the homemade ones. Lucky them.

I've got an email to think over and write and actually send to the kid's dad about the whole E/Jenn thing. That is definitely something I am procrastinatin' on. I've got my idea straight, though. It starts something like " You freaking stupid-ass...no, no that's not right. Maybe a kinder, gentler version. Sonething that won't alienate him like he has his daughter. Sound like a plan?

Cheers!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screwdrivers are awesome! I also enjoy greyhounds (Vodka and Grapefruit Juice)..

8:44 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You have so many big projects. The curtains, gardening, & homemade Valentines will all have greater impact than the e-mail. I used to think my scolding made a difference. Unfortunately, my kids just have to learn who their dad is. I can't cover for everything. But I know you just want to proctect your kids.
It sucks.
sorry.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

See, the whole reason I don't get divorced is that the only thing worse than a spouse is an ex.
Marriage is a trap.

I'm glad I could inject a little sunshine in to your day. ;-)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SM, grapefruit juice is not one of my favs but I would try one just to see if it was mixed well. Thanks for stopping by.
Kate, I still said that in my head...
AM, I am getting to the point that makes a lot of sense. I can't keep this going.
Iamnot, thank you very much. I'm ready for my medication now...
And I do believe that part of me that was a "marriage" kind of gal has disappeared.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

You know what, Greeny? You have a bit of a load to carry with the ex but I seriously don't know many people who can carry such a load with the amount of grace that you do. You go, girl.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Susan Lucente said...

Those of us with "freaking stupid asses" of our own can definitely understand that route. It really sucks when you feel like you have to kiss ass to a guy who treated you like crap and seems to not really give a care what he's doing to his own kids...just to get him to play nice. I've been through the ups and downs of all of it, did the "freaking stupid ass" attitude with him (which usually just pissed him off more and left my young kids and me hiding in the house while he showed up on the front porch in the middle of the night swinging a crowbar and screaming to be let in)... and I've done the "suck it up and pretend to be sugary sweet" attitude (which also didn't get me any desired results). Many guys like this aren't going to give us what we want (for ourselves, our kids or whatever the situation is) no matter what attitude we have with them, because simply put, no matter how we say it, we are telling them that they're f-ing up and they already know they are but just don't want to admit that everybody else knows it too. :-(

Good luck with him!

p.s. I would never turn down a trip to Vegas...it's a wonderland there and I don't even gamble! I can't wait to go back~!!!! :-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lorraine, thanks for very sweet constructive words. I don't feel grace at all.
Butterfly, I hear ya but this guy is more of a whimp when it comes to confrontation. I was the same too but not now. He is just allowing this SO of his decide she is not happy with HIS daughter and he should take this route if he is to have any "sanity" (his words).
I have been careful to keep in his good graces but he shows me the same considerations as well. It is fairly amicable up to now. And it really has been only about kid issues that we ever discuss anything. Neither of us is invasive with the other. I guess we have been lucky thus far.

The vegas trip was just too much at this point given my kid handoff is not that easy, time off from my job didn't seem a good idea, and I was just tired. Wildman and I have been twice and it was magnifico each time. I would go back, just not this trip.
Thanks for stopping by....

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home