Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Calming Effect


Some of you may recognize this style as Alphonse Mucha. Popular today and readily available at any mail order poster shop.
I bought the painting of the woman's profile in zodiac poster form for Wildman's daughter to which she yawned. That was expected. My daughter pleaded with her to let her have it if she didn't really want it any time soon. It is still hanging in Wildman's daughter's room.
This next painting ( was it painting or some other medium?) caught my eye since I have been thinking about grape culture and ...WINE. I don't know what it is about these that make them so calming but it is so.
I haven't done my homework to be able to give you the names of these painting. Or the time period Mucha worked. Late 1800's to early 1900's from the look of it and somewhere I have read- just forgotten.


2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I needed a little dose of calm just now...thanks!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

ummm...a little wine would be nice.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home