Friday, February 09, 2007

Better Days

Payday, January birthday food day, and Friday.

Heading to my parent's house with kids in tow this weekend. Hope I can get back. They are calling for snow.

My mom is hosting her Valentine's Teas. Same idea as the summer one but with more chocolate. I've made some very yummy brownie hearts. Nothing like homemade that says lovin' more!

E is going to Homecoming with Slim. J and I will attend the game and then go home and wait for her to get home. Pics of her to come.

Up early tomorrow and off by 7-ish. Pics posted when we return although the same faces.

Mom is medicating now and I can hear the ease in her voice. Don't get me wrong- she is still in control and not off in la-la land but it has made a diff.
She and my bro found out some better news concerning the land sale and subsequent living expenses when they talked with an advisor and I only mention this because it was one of the two major horrors facing the family. So because of the good news, I feel inclined to mention it.

My taxes are done and filed. Yippee for being head of the household and both kids to claim! Poor DAD.

Cheers to all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you on the taxes!! poor dad.. rigggggght..LOL

I need to go get mine done too..
Hope your weekend went well.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Good on you for getting the taxes done so soon. We really need to get on that.

Can wait to see pics of the tea and the homecoming. Fun, fun.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

Greeny, I made my way through your state today! KC, MO. to be exact.

I would venture to guess that it is very pretty in the spring and summer.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sandi, you could really hear the sympathy in my voice, right?
Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend was good too.
Lorraine, I figured I would speed thru and get them e-filed so my bank account would give me something to feel good about! And the pics are forthcoming, just as soon as I get a minute to sit down with my camera.
Sorry for the reminder, AM.
Otis, my main man! I felt a surge in the Force yesterday as if a multitude of humanity cried out in unison "OTIS!" and then were quiet.
And seriously, I hear what you are saying. This is not the best time of year to view Missouri. Much better in the spring and summer and yes, fall. Come back then, k? Wildman and i are planning some trip to the wine country of mO. this year. Maybe you should try for it too!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

Hey, what's that number I need to order sled dogs?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Greeny!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

ohhhh you had to go and bring up the 'T' word! I am soooooooo in the hole this April! ugg

Happy weekend!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home