Friday, January 26, 2007

More and more I find myself at home with just J for the evening. My daughter's activities have notched up a hair since 8th grade and he and I spend our evenings actually talking together. We watched a movie not long ago and as we sat on the couch next to each other, he put his arm around me, sort of across the back of the couch. It was funny and I was totally surprised. He is much more affectionate and sweet nowadays and not weirded out by sitting next to his mom. Many times he hugs me and tells me he loves me or grabs my hand and pats it. I hope his ability to show affection easily continues on into adulthood so his girlfriends and SO may enjoy it. None of my family members are physically affectionate and it seems strained when they show affection. I have always been. My kids both seems to need touched or to touch. It seems comfortable for them.
Anyway, my time with last night was spent with us ripping cds to his mp3 player finally. When he was done, he was singing at the top of his lungs and dancing around the living room to the All-American Rejects and an Arabic Groove cd. I love to see him enjoying himself this much! And although it is way overused, the phrase "quality time" is what it is!


Last night, as my very sleepy head lay down on my pillow, the moon shone through my curtains into my eyes and lead me off to a dream of dead horses shallowly buried in sand on a beach and a bear walking around in a huge cabin ready to eat unsuspecting people and dogs. I think I'll pull my curtains tonight.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

In quiet moments with K, I've told him that the day is coming when he won't want to hang out on the sofa with me, or give me hugs all the time.
He denies it, but I see it out there in the distance.
I think they can break your heart, just by growing up.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

I liked my beach dream better... you can share it if you would like! lol

Lee is here http://coddledegg.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend!

3:29 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I think our boys would get along well.

I'm glad your aren't on the dead horse, but that must be a relationship that is only marginally resolved...hhhmm.. who could that be? I'll leave the bear one to my dream interpreter, Julie. I think pulling the curtains is a good idea.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

You sound like a great mom. But you sure do have weird dreams

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

What a swell kid.

And yeah, pull the curtains.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog!

Sounds like you have a good kid there!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

contact me regarding that picture at 2boys @ 2boys.net

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Iamnot, I can't seem to get there. I've typed in the address but it never comes up.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Better idea....

Post to my blog with your email address. I will not allow it to be posted, but I'll still have the address.
Thanks for your patience.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home