Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Ice Man Cometh



Yes, sirree, folks. We got ice. Ice on the wires, ice on the trees, ice on the outdoor kitties.
More to come and obviously I have power as of right now but more than likely I will lose it over the next day or so. Our major metropolis nearby is 90% powerless. Bedroom communities are half and half. I chose not to invest in a kerosene heater ensuring the worse-case scenario will happen.

Otis, Wildman and I rented Man On Fire and oh, my was it good. Gritty, emotional, and gory. E And I also found The Woods to be an interesting scary flick for Saturday afternoon fare.

By the way, Otis, have you seen Black Robe?

At this moment we are watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off, one of my daughter's other favs. She's introducing it to her boyfriend, Slim. How he receives it will say a lot about the boy.

Time for a shot of Bailey's.





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.. that sucks. It is cold here but nothing else.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Today we sat by the water in Annapolis and enjoyed a picnic lunch. It was 68 degrees. Winter hasn't yet made it to Maryland.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

Whoa Nelly,

I hate to tell you this but I had every window in the house open today and was barefoot most of the day.

Anyway...I'm glad you liked Man on Fire...my wife watches it all the time!

I haven't seen The Black Robe but if you tell me it was good, I'll watch it.

Stay safe!

stay warm!

Stay indoors!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Man on Fire was good....

Why again don't you have a kerosene heater?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

Ya its beautiful here... I am in shorts and a tee and just got back from a family bike ride to Tiuana Flats for lunch! (We even ate outside!!!) I dont miss the northern weather much... I do miss wearing sweaters and boots though... ahhh but that is why I visit often! lol

Have a great day!! Hope Slim makes the cut! hehehe

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are still wating for the ax to drop. Rain and plummeting temps forcasted for Sunday evening (tonight). We are just acting like it's any other weekend. Pancakes and bacon at 1pm, coffee with Bailey's. J and I walked uptown to return the videos but our video place is closed. We surveyed ice damage on the trip.
Ok, people, I get it! You live where it is nice and warm or at least respectful, normal winter weather.
Next week at this time, we'll have highs in the 60's, I'll bet you! Our weather is always wacky. But at least we have a variance in our seasons for which I'm grateful. I do hate the darkness of winter but I don't hate the cold. I do enjoy my winter clothes, too, Kate.
Iamnot, I have no kerosene heater because I like to tempt fate that way..and it's not something we have a use for every winter, to be sure.
Cheers, everyone.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Stay warm! We still have snow on the ground, icicles everywhere and reportedly are supposed to get more snow tonight. This is insane.

2:27 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

supreme hoodie
adidas ultra
hogan outlet
yeezy boost
air jordan
jordan shoes
retro jordans
golden goose sneakers
nike air vapormax
nike huarache

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home