Saturday, December 09, 2006

Musical Interlude

Last night Wildman brought down his newest musical purchase. "Paul McCartney- The Space Within US", the concert film. Oh, my god!
I have always loved him more for the Wings era than for Beatles songs. But after viewing this dvd I want to marry him, have his baby, be his roadie, be his driver, get his coffee...anything!!!! It was a tremendous film. I knew he was a great person- smart, warm, talented beyond belief. This just gave more depth to that knowledge. The film showed fans of all ages singing their hearts out, interviews with Paul and other people, plus the kick-ass music and singing by Sir Paul and his band and the effort the filmmakers paid off. I am not easily led to tears but this did it. I highly recommend this purchase. Wildman and I hope to sell an organ or two so we can buy tickets to one of his concerts.

As I sit here this morning, I am bathed in music and videos from another musical genius and all-around gorgeous person- John Mayer. His new album "Continuum" is on my Christmas wish list and I can say that if Santa doesn't come thru, I'll be getting it myself.
I bought the album "Any Given Thursday" Live the summer of my divorce and spent MANY hours listening and healing. "It saved my life" she said dramatically. It still is my favorite CD.

My daughter is marching with the band tonight for our Christmas parade. Cold, Cold, Cold! My son will be with me this year. He wasn't that jazzed about seeing it. I can see his father coming out in him. Dad hates anything like that. Christmas light displays, Santa, parades...bah humbug.
I would miss anything else to go to a parade. I'm just that weird. Oh, well maybe he'll have a good time with me after all.

Everyone, have a good weekend.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Paul too but George was my favorite. My best friend went to see him way back when during the Wings tour of 1976...I couldn't get off work.

I feel for him and his situation with his estranged...too much drama.

Have fun at the parade and enjoy your weekend.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George was my fav too! Everytime I say outload that I love that song someone tells me George wrote it.

I used to not be into Christmas too. Its annoying how people ACT different. I got annoyed.

Hope you took pics!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, you totally solved my Christmas present saga for my mother. She has everything and I never know what to get her. She does not typically buy DVDs or videos for herself. Loves the Beatles. Off to the store.

Love your blog, by the way. So glad I stopped by.

7:23 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Do horn players run the risk of their lips sticking to the mouthpieces in a cold cold cold pararde?

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, otis for the stop by.
always glad to hear from you.
Nessie, welcome and thanks for the nice words. Glad I had useful info for you.
AM, yes, I held her trumpet for her and my lips stuck to it as well as one of her valves froze. It was VERY cold. Us Hillbillies ain't use to it.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home