Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's really fascinating to me that one year ago my daughter, E, was in 8th grade. She wanted a cell phone(many classmates had them), an MP3 player, music download cards and clothes. The MP3 player she got but the phone, no. It wasn't something she had a big use for, in my opinion.
She still wanted the phone this year ( it's not the kind of thing that goes away) and she is just one year older but why does she seem SO much older. Is it all in my head?
E got her cell phone, complete with a plan and payment made by her dad's ma and pa. Part of me is happy because she actually needed one this year being in school activities and now being out with friends and having a boyfriend. That tying up the house line is a constant source of irritation, too. And I hate for her to have to borrow a phone to call me.
However it is another place she will need supervision. I'm up for that, but I hope, as I've said before, I am able to make the right moves. AND.. make sure she adheres to the phone plan so poor Nanny and Papaw won't be up a creek if she were to go hog wild. Know what I mean?
Boy, is her brother is envious.
Maybe the ninja throwing stars and throwing board will distract him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he can always nail her with a throwing star.

My 7 year old is already pressing for a phone. He has no idea who in the world he would call, but that phone just looks so cool!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya my kids are salivating for one too... we got a 'kid' phone. everyone can use it when they need it... no one here really NEEDS it hehehe. My 8th grader isnt dating yet! lol

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home