Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I guess everyone is pretty busy these days. I know I am way too busy for my liking. I hate lamenting about it but it's really getting on my nerves! On Sunday I had to choose between reading the paper and reading blogs and emails. I can't get out to my garden to harvest the sweet basil before it goes to pot(hey wait a minute, THAT would slow me down!) I don't sit down till maybe 9 pm and then I start to nod off immediately. And I didn't get everything done. I don't have time for those cool projects like card-making or any other crafts. Scrapbook with my kids (they've had cool school-year scrapbooks started for 2 years now)? No way. Decorate for fall before Thanksgiving? Ditto.
In an effort to utilize my existing slave labor, I am currently teaching my son to wash up the dishes that aren't for the dishwasher and generally clean up the post- supper kitchen but there was a lot of rewashing after he was gone due to the cooler water temp he has to use (I have teflon hands) and the existing chicken fat residue (mmmm, chicken fat) left on the pans and plastics. But he was still singing while he worked so apparently he wasn't traumatized. I'll continue to groom him in this effort. The kids both clear the table and my daughter puts the clean dishwasher stuff away. They usually set the table to varying as well. They have many other jobs they see to in the home maintenance persuit, too. Very capable slaves, yes indeed. So why the heck can I not catch up???!!! I think I just continue to add stuff to my list, which of course results in my never being finished.
On Saturday, I looked at my calendar for this week and felt jubilant to find I only had J's song flute concert on Thursday night and sometime after school slated to drive over to a neighboring town to get my license renewed. Yippe. Well, the week is full and the weekend as well. I might as well get up at 4 instead of 5 and add a vitamin to my plate while I'm at it.
I'm so distressed and depressed at the news lately. I go through spells when I just stop reading the paper because I feel overwhelmed with BAD news. Politics and all the crap we are subjected to, the murder, the..oh, you know what I mean. A.M. Kingsfield really got my attention when she posted about learning how to use a gun. It was a jolt! I understood from the moment I started to read. I'm feeling vulnerable and insecure about life in general for us a people. Otis Day posted on all of the mess. I just need a week in the woods. Solitary time to feel solid again.
I started a blog roll yesterday. Bear with me. I'm trying....
A note about my time with my dad. It was a good weekend. He was glad I was there. It went more smoothly than the next week as things began to unravel for him. Missing my mom and not sure if she was coming back. My siblings said they couldn't get him in the shower which has become a major issue in the past several months. It has been approached as many ways as possible. But, my mom is back and he was so happy to see her. She had a fantastic time not only with her classmates and at the reunion but her brother and sister who live in MI and the sister who lives in Ohio got to go as well.
Well, it's time for a walk. Have a happy Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

As I was being searched last night to get into a venue, I thought about how much life has changed and just how dangerous it truly is. At times, for me, it becomes overwhelming...man's inhumanity to man.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I am waiting on pins and needles for the proportions for Apple Smashed. Sounds divine.

And good on you for training such capable slaves. A person needs to know these things when a person goes out into the big world. (And have you heard of Flylady.net? Just saying. Might be worth a gander, modified to your situ and all that. Whatever).

Staying away from newspapers and walking in the woods...sounds pretty bloody sane to me.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home