Friday, September 15, 2006

I was in a particularly odd mood last night making a car trip to town. I had some quiet time. What came to me was this question and these answers. What would I want to tell the people in my life if I were leaving this earth?
I would tell my daughter and my son they were my greatest source
of immense pride and joy, that they should investigate what it means to be happy in life and strive for it with all they have, and that they will always be loved if they love themselves first.
My family would know I can't imagine ever having a better family, my love can't be measured and my time with them was appreciated to the fullest a person could hope to achieve. And to not be sad anymore.
I would tell each friend of the joy and enrichment I have felt from each of their lives coming in contact with mine and that I felt the most whole with each of them than I have ever felt in my life.
I would tell Wildman I have been at the pinnacle of my emotions and existence with him because he is so extraordinary and I have truly and completely loved him, no question.
I would tell my first ex I have been truly sorry from the start for ever causing him any pain, that I wasn't grown up enough to understand what I was doing to our family or to him by leaving, I would have done things differently if I could have and that I did love him during our life together. And to find real happiness now.

And maybe if there were time and a way to spread the message, for everyone to be kind to those they come in contact with since no one knows what others could be going through.


Peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

That was just lovely, Greeny.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

Hi, thank you for saying hello, I'm going to mooch around a little bit in your archives if you don't mind

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea of hearing from you but someone of your writing caliber "mooching around in my archives" worries me. Oh, well, so be it.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Those are wonderful things....

It's true we never know what someone's going through...I have to stop myself sometimes and think about why someone is the way they are.

Hindsight.eh.

R.Y.C. I have Johm Mayers CD it's awesome! I also got Diana Kralls new CD it just came out today, if you're a fan of hers you'll love this new one.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Today I went to a funeral. This friend had been in great health and then had a pulmonary embolism and just dropped dead. Life is fragil and may end at any moment. Live each day so that every one you love knows haw much you have loved them. You are wise to realize this now and to tell them now.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

no idea about the caliber of the writing of F on a B, but the photo associated with the comment about mooching around would get me nervous! lol On a couple of levels... hehehe

I loved this post. It made me go back to the age old question about why people find it so terribly difficult to tell the people they care about the depth of their caring when they are around! lol I think we all have that issue (ok or I am just some sort of freak monster! hehehe)

I also think it is interesting that I would tell my children the same thing as you. My parents would NOT have told me (and didnt ) to find happiness and strive for it. I was to find stability and comfort above all else.

different times perhaps? different perspectives for sure.

have a great day!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home