Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hola!

Ok, work has begun in earnest. My schedule is up and running with the bulk being Title 1 math push-in. That suits me fine as I found last year I preferred to work with math instead of the reading program since it was truly sucky in my opinion. The funny part of working in Title 1 math is, I was in the equivalent when I was in elementary eons ago. Actually, as one might imagine, the kids like to hear (no, really!) the teacher was where they are now.
The labor day weekend had a bit of everything included in it. Work, relaxation,some rousing intimacy, coffee, screwdrivers and the Sunday paper(in that order), beer, bonfires and s'mores, great conversation with friends and lover, down time with the kiddos, wine-making, apple picking, jelly making! Shew!! It really was a full weekend and truly enjoyable.
I rented a movie I figured would be a dud but I still wanted to see it since I love period films. "The New World". It was so incredible. I loved everything about it. Rent it with no interruptions.
My friend Brenda, has a grape connection with her sister and bro-in-law which she and I took advantage of on Monday. The yard also had 4 apple trees (I think Jonathans and Golden Delicious) and I loaded up. I wondered about making apple wine. I did get my grapes started in the vat.
My kids have had such busy schedules lately that when questioned what would be a good activity for yesterday, they begged to stay at home. I just went about my business in the school garden, dishes laundry, while they lounged. Then we had a bright idea to have iced coffee at 3:30 even though my daughter said my son shouldn't have any or he'd be up all night. I found she was right. He was awake till midnight. Then he needed a Sudafed since his nose was running and itching which I could plainly hear. I didn't sleep very well after that. I'll crash and burn tonight I suppose.
Back to the grind today.
Hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. I have had trouble commenting since many of you have changed to Beta. Know I am still reading. And laughing or crying as the case may be.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the begining of the school year. L works non-stop (3rd grade teacher) and I have to flog homework out of the boys every night.
Your weekend souds relaxing though.

iamnot
http://mothandflame.blogspot.com
(Sorry, I'm not able to log in to comment at the moment.)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

I'm glad your Labor Day was what you wanted it to be. I've not heard of the movie you spoke of so I will look into it further.

I bought some fabulous coffee in San Antonio three weeks ago...a rich melange of flavors...sounds like a commercial doesn't it?

It had hints of cinnamon, coconut, and chocolate...alas, it is gone. That is, until the next time I go North.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

Good to see your post. I've missed reading your ramblings. What a full and happy week-end!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Iamnot, sorry you're having similar probs as I with Blogger.
Fingers crossed it will get fixed soon. And I wanted to ask if you torture us on purpose with your antics and plan on continuing crazy, life-threatening bents???!! You are banned from the desert without a photo buddy until further notice..
Otis, it had Colin Farrell, Christopher Plummer and a host of native American actors and actresses. The story of Captain John Smith and Pocahontas, glamourized and yet not.
And as for the coffee of yours, I would stock up on that too. Sounds wonderful. I am at this moment drinking Sweet Cherry hearty ground roast coffee made in Michigan. MMmm.
Thanks, Mom! for stopping by. I was wrong to think I would have more time once I started back to school. I just haven't.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Sounds like a swell weekend. Let us know how the apple wine turns out, should you make some.

12:19 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Rousing intimacy sounds lovely.
I had no apple wine this weekend, but did have my first taste of moonshine.

It is so easy to get so busy. I feel like I hardly saw my kids today. I'm happy not to be in teaching anymore.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home