Friday, August 04, 2006

Sheesh!

Just got back from a quick trip to Chicago with Wildman who had an anti-motivational speaking engagement. Long story. Back home with my son tonight before we are out the door tomorrow morning early to my parent's where my daughter has been for the week. My son's 11th birthday(gasp...11) is Sunday so we shall party "like it is on sale for ninteen ninty five" (said with your best Eastern Indian accent) . Back to our house Sunday afternoon and prepare for the horde of boys spending the night Monday for J's party here. E has band camp all week ..she's gonna be dead from that. The new band teacher is preparing them for field marching. Yey! Somewhere in this week we have to shop for back-to-school items since school begins August 16th , yes I said Aug 16th. And spend one last evening with Wildman's kids before school begins. And then there are soirees the next 2 weekends. Everything from a teaparty ( @ my mom's) to a jam session/family reunion (Wildman's). Lots to do in preparation.
I feel like this summer was well spent. I'm ready to go back to school. I need a break from my summer vacation. I think my kids are vacationed out, too. We are all appreciative of our time spent at home together and it seems like we haven't spent a full week together the whole summer. We are looking forward to that school schedule.
And more blog- reading time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Sounds like it has been a very good summer indeed. But August 16? Only once so far has The Child started school before Labor Day and I thought it was nigh unto criminal...of course, y'all probably get out earlier, too...

5:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate going back to school so early. The kids are so hot they aren't interested in learning. But yes, we do get out the middle of May which is nice. Trade offs.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home