Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pinky Out!



Ok, the tea party my mom hosted was a rousing success and it was definitely worth it to see how pleased she was with the outcome. Her good friends and several from our family were there. I was happy the "young girls" had such a good time. My nieces, my daughter and her best friend did a lot of the setting up and errands which were greatly appreciated. They had a great time as well.
The cucumber sandwiches WERE good, IAMNOT, since I made them myself with cukes from my own garden. There was herbed cream cheese involved as well. My sister made a kick-ass chicken salad and my mother made some trem

endous fudge among the other things listed in my previous post. We also provided ice-cold fruit and raspberry teas along with lemonade.
There was a comment period on the origins of the hats worn as well as the tea cups brought by the ladies. That led to some interesting conversations. We had printed up cards for each table with the history of taking tea.
The kitchen looked like a real tearoom with the beautiful decorations. Preparation was as much fun for my mom as the actual tea.
We ended the day discussing the date of her next tea. Perhaps at Christmas.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Looks like the event of the season...still, makes me glad I'm a man. :-)
(I'd look terrible in one of those hats!)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Looks like a fabulous occasion! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. You're making me hungry looking at those food pictures. Yummy!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

You inspire me. I think I will have to host a tea party. Hope I can get my girls to help with the preperatiorations.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit, Iamnot, that a day in a dress and heels is not my favorite. And I suppose you just haven't found the right hat for your head shape.
The food was wonderful, especially since I didn't eat breakfast so I could partake freely. And I haven't seen my mom so tickled in a long while. Well worth the effort.
Mom, I recommend it highly. It was good to spend quality time with these people.

12:57 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

How perfectly lovely to have a party for no other reason than to be with your friends and be delighted!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm so glad you all had such a good time. Love the cuke sammies!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

looks like fun... but then I love any excuse to have a party! lol

Iamnot I bet you would look great in one of those hats! *wink

Greeny what did you wear?

6:23 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I love tea! Looks like a wonderful time, getting all dressed up and looking very queen mum like.


We have a russian tea room here, I need to try it out.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Greeny, I'm commenting on one of your old posts so no one will notice but you will get an email in your inbox (if you have blogger set up to do that). I've noticed in some of your recent posts you have several empty lines to delineate a change in topic. If you use the HR tag inside <> you'll get a horizontal line in your post to make that transition for you. (I wrote it that way because blogger would "yell" at me for a < HR > tag not allowed in comment.)
Email me if you have questions:
quilterk@gmail.com

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home