Sunday, June 25, 2006

Saturday home improvement





My 2 bathrooms have needed exhaust fans and light fixture since we moved in. I had them bought since Spring break back in March. I finally got enough dirt on my family friend, David, to blackmail him into showing me how to do the jobs. He actually did most of it but I tried to anticipate tool needs (did that sound dirty?) , install the GSFI switches, add the new switch plates and keep tools gathered up. I learned enough to do some more things on my own, I think. I may have to do my bathroom's exhaust fan installation since it sets up next to the sharp pitch of the rafters and David only got to one before it was 120 degrees in the attic which kicked his ass. Or wait until fall.
The first 2 shots are during the installation process( i.e.- hit and miss, trial and error as with any home improvement job on an existing (freaking annoying) structure) of the light fixture and exhaust fan/fixture in the kid's bath. The next 2 with the electric on. The last is in my bath. I sure was looking forward to having that exhaust fan...Oh, well.
I didn't anticipate the bulb needs so I scavenged from other sources and still came up short. But even with bulbs missing, it's like Vegas in the bathroom it's so much brighter! Yay, David!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, home improvement projects! So satisfying. Nice fixtures.

11:12 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

You can't work with a man and his tools without thinking or saying something that sounds dirty - but that's half the fun.
"Here, you hold it in position and I'll screw."
"We are going to need a longer screw."
"Can you tighten that nut?"

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home