Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I feel inadequate on holidays. Never quite able to make the people they are for feel as special as they are to me. I'd love to make it happen this year but I don't think I can.


I had a vivid dream night before last...I was outside in a crowd in a park. I was looking for something that led me down some sidewalks. I then realized I didn't have my father beside me where he should be. I turned around with a scared feeling in the pit of my stomach and thru the sunny, breezy air far away I spotted him wandering around looking lost. I managed to get back to him through the crowd but I was worrying all the way over to him about how scared he must feel. Easy to figure out....
My dad has Alzheimer's.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Your dad is lucky to have a daughter who cares. You honor him.
I found your blog from CG's blog. I am CG's mom.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Gnomeself Be True said...

Do what you can.
I can't imagine what it will be like when my dad leaves us, in mind or body. I think I'll be sure to tell him that this Sunday.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind words, CG's mom. And thank you for stopping in.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Iamnot..it's hard to know what to do. Incredibly small things make his day. It sems so insignificant to what he deserves. thanks for the comment...And enjoy YOUR day.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

Your father has a daughter that cares...so often that is not the case.

I am sure that you make his day everytime he sees you.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

tough for sure! I think that just trying to do what you do probably sends the message you really want to send anyway. I imagine that the gifts you give are second to the time you share.

thanks for sharing this with us!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

What they said. You're a good daughter...don't ever forget that.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home