Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What a fabulous trip. The water was perfectly invigorating, the day turned out exactly right for a float and the company was laid back. The only glitch was the screwdriver concoction didn't go nearly far enuff. Duh! What the hell was I thinking?! Anyway, thank goodness for the liquor store Possum Crossin we came across in the middle of nowhere. I found a new wine to add to my list- Boone's Farm Orange Hurricane and I also purchase Buttershots since I had a close friend who doesn't usually drink who needed something easy to sip.
There were umpteen thousand turtles sunning and let me tell you, there were some monster snapping turtles plus a few snakes, and plenty of fish, even a rainbow trout Russell, our angler caught. There was a few nice rapids and an entertaining portion of the trip at the gigantic rope swing. Yes, I had a successful turn. In the kayak, it's easy to maneuver up to the bank and harvest a few maidenhair ferns or arrowhead plants for my boggy area or to check out the snake coiled up on a snag( he had round pupils) . Or to pick up the beer or a pull on the whiskey flask.
Guess there is another trip proposed for the week before school starts back. It's down on the calendar in ink.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

It sounds like you had a great time! A river float is one of my favorite things.

8:32 AM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

Sounds perfect! Boone's Farms, huh? I'll have to check it out.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home