Friday, May 12, 2006


This is what I'd like to be doing on Mother's Day . A bottle of Pinot Noir and sunshine on the 9th floor balcony. Alas, I will be a good girl and go home to my Mother and see if I can cook her a mediocre dinner, do a few chores for her, give her some specially selected music good for soothing the soul. There will be another sunshiney balcony in my future and undoubtedly more wine.


Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age ~William Feather, The Business of Life, 1949 around the world.

Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children. ~Marilyn Penland

7 Comments:

Blogger crallspace said...

Sounds like a good Mother's Day gift... the wine, I mean.

My mom got a birdhouse made out of an Oregon license plate and a nice card. This is the first year I live clear across the country. That means that I don't have to go to her church, just to make her happy ;-)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, how selfish of me...of course I would want those cheesey sentiments and homemade cards and hugs from my two urchins, too.
crallspace--I think a birdhouse made out of a license plate would be a fab gift! And do you feel guilty for living clear across the country and knowing you are getting out of taking your mother to church? ...

9:02 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

I dont think that the Mothers Day is really ever about one Mother... It is celebrating the maternial figures in your life. I hate holidays... lol They always have a knack for making people feel guilty for not having done more and or they are a flippin let down. grrr... ik I am in a cranky mood sorry! hehehe

11:47 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I went back and read a bunch of your posts some good stuff there.

Scott

10:57 AM  
Blogger Tim Lewellyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tim Lewellyn said...

Beth, you said " There will be another sunshiney balcony in my future and undoubtedly more wine."
I wonder, Will I be there ?

Tim

11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tim, you know I said I liked the word "pinot" so I added your name next to it to highlight that fact....
As for the balcony situation, do you have one?

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home