Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A+ n science


Ok, tonight with the eminent school's end, I am feeling pride in my wonderful little science projects and their accomplishments. I can't believe I have such wonderful kids and my feelings overwhelm me. Ok, they are brats at times fully irritating the crap out of me. E's whining and constant worrying and J's wearing of the clip-on earring and griping about having a shower EVERY night-- it can get old. But like childbirth pain, I forget these tribulations when I see E's scores on her 8th grade career exploration test or I spend time just shooting the breeze with her. Or when people tell me how J's imagination is fantastic( in a good way, I think) or he is complimented on how generous and cool he is, I just think this is the coolest job in the world. I wouldn't trade it for any amount of anything. There isn't anyone else I would want to spend my time with then these two. So many times we have spewed milk and /or wine out of our mouths (not noses, dang it) laughing over something one of us says at the dinner table. We can take a silly nothing between us and build it to hilarious heights. And the parts of me I don't like or appreciate enough are lost on them. I am Mom with the clean house that still is comfortable for kids and the garden they explore, the mom who, once in a while, can be talked into letting them stay up for Scrubs at 8:30 or Grey's Anatomy At 9 on a school night when they need to be in bed, the mom who knows how to take the time to really talk to them about what is wrong and find something for a solution before we end the conversation, the mom who plays catch instead of getting my other pressing work done or helps witht that damn Algebra 1 (a lot different then when I had it ) until all hours of the night. Yeah, I rock, maybe more in my own mind then theirs but the way we co-exists together and the transformation I see leads me to think they love me, they really love me. Whew! For now....I know I'm not in the clear yet.
All of my years of treacherous weirdness has led me to these moments and it seems without much thought, I'd say I wouldn't want to change a thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger AM Kingsfield said...

I'm sure your enjoyment of your kids is felt by them. I think we as moms worry that our kids want so much more from us than that. I can tell you're a great mom. They know it too.

And by the way, I think you are very eloquent and funny and great at expressing yourself. I struggle over word choice too. I have a dictionary and thesarus right by my computer.

Keep up the great blogging!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the good words, C G. Here's wishing you a fulfilling and wonderful Mother's Day!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home