Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Some things that are on my mind today in obviously no particular order..a stream of semi-conscieousness.
I see a lot of weird stuff when I go out at 5:30 in the morning for my walk or ride. A squzzy car with 'beads" and an air freshener hangin on the rear-view mirror (shudder), lots of night crawlers working their way across the road, old cronies working their way to the coffee shop on the square, dogs I would like to shoot, dogs I would like to take home, a red fox darting out in front of my bike and running for cover when he realized I was there. Even in the dark, the robins are going crazy with their lusty squawkings which apparently has an effect on the rest of the bird population. They are all crazy right now. And so comes the saying by Emo Phillips- " All these birds are pointy, pointy. On my head anointy, nointy". Brilliant!
MAP testing has started in our elementary and to curb the childrens' disdain for testing, we now clean out the Dollar store and bribe them with this booty to come and do their best. Can you detect sarcasm? Is it working? Who knows.
Sweet corn is planted as well as the broccoli and cabbage. I seeded my heirloom varieties of tomatoes and herbs such as bee balm, hyssop, marigolds and two basils into flats. I've got cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, yellow squash and canteloupe still to plant but its a bit early. I lOVE GARDENING!! By the way, anyone interested in very good quality heirloom seeds and great service need to look into Baker Creek Seeds. Pretty much all heirlooms and a seed saver group. They have continually expanded to offer more seed varieties every year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Very lucid insight to your world...

Thanks for stopping by mine.

O

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home